2019 PGA Junior League Team - Fall
- Boys and girls ages 13 and under - all skill levels
- Key youth initiative of PGA REACH, the charitable arm of the PGA of America
- Nurturing environment for learning and developing skills both on and off the course
- Recreational program that works with PGA sections and local youth organizations across the country
- Designed for fun, good health and sportsmanship, social and inclusive environment to learn the game of golf
Regular Season Matches
- Participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends versus individual competition.
- Each team is captained by a PGA Professional, who serves as the coach.
- Teams play four 9-hole matches in a popular two-person scramble format, reinforcing the team.
- Coaches substitute players every three holes, so that all the golfers on each team can participate.
- Serves as a feeder system to transition youth golfers to existing junior golf programs
Price: $179 ($75 PGA Reach fee due upon registration online through PGA Portal and the remaining $104 payment is due to Forest Akers)
There is a two-step registration process.
Register through the PGA Portal. A new browser page will open to the PGA Portal.
You need the following information: PGA Registration
Program name: Forest Akers GC or MSU, zip code, miles requirement. Submit and register.
If you do not have a current login (past player), you will have to create one.
Pay the $75 PGA Jr League portion of the fee.
Register through the MSU Portal. Forest Akers PGA Jr League Registration
You will be redirected to a secure MSU site for registration and payment.
Your credit card statement will show a charge for MSU. You may also pay by ACH (checking account).
Pay the $104 portion of the payment for MSU.
You will receive an email confirmation of your payment along with information regarding the season. It could take up to 3-5 business days.
The $179 fee includes:
- 4 weekly matches and 4 practice sessions
- Two Garb jerseys (home and away), available in both boy’s and girl’s sizes
- Bag Tag
- Performance Ball Cap
- Drawstring Bag
- Access to the PGA Jr. merchandise store
Practice Schedule: Mondays (excluding Labor Day)
5:30-6:45 p.m. at Forest Akers East
August 26, September 9, September 16 and September 23
Match Schedule: Sundays
Shotgun start at 6 p.m. on Forest Akers East Golf Course
September 8, September 15, September 22 and September 29
Match 1 will be 2 player scramble
Match 2 will be alternate shot
Match 3 will be "shamble"
Match 4 will be stroke play(individual matches)
**all formats will be explained during the first practice.
Registration closes August 19 or when teams are full.