Age: 13 and under (boys and girls all skill levels)
- Key youth initiative of PGA REACH, the charitable arm of the PGA of America
- Nurturing environment for learning and developing skills both on and off the course
- The recreational program that works with PGA sections and local youth organizations across the country
- Designed for fun, good health, and sportsmanship, social and inclusive environment to learn the game of golf
Regular Season Matches
- Participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends versus individual competition
- Each team is captained by a PGA Professional, who serves as the coach
- Teams play four nine-hole matches in a popular two-person scramble format, reinforcing the team
- Coaches substitute players every three holes so that all the golfers on each team can participate
- Serves as a feeder system to transition youth golfers to existing junior golf programs
Cost: $275 ($99 PGA Reach fee due upon registration online through PGA Portal and the remaining $176 payment is due to Forest Akers)
* The PGA fee is a one time annual fee for 2023 and covers the entire year for all PGA Junior Leagues
- 6 weekly matches and 6 practice sessions
- Two Garb jerseys (home and away), available in both boy’s and girl’s sizes
- Bag Tag
- Performance Ball Cap
- Drawstring Bag
- Access to the PGA Jr. merchandise store
Register through the PGA. Type in Forest Akers in the facility finder. If you do not have a current login (past player), you will have to create one. Pay the annual $99 PGA Jr League portion of the fee.
Step 2: SIGN UP
Register through the MSU Portal. You will be redirected to a secure MSU site for registration and payment. Your credit card statement will show a charge for MSU. You may also pay by ACH (checking account). Pay the $176 portion of the payment for MSU.
You will receive an email confirmation of your payment along with information regarding the season. It could take up to 3-5 business days.
Registration closes Saturday, May 13th or when teams are full. Players will be assigned to specific teams once this deadline passes.
There will be a Season Kick Off practice on Sunday, May 21st for all 4 teams to attend from 4pm-5:30pm. Regular Season Practices will be divided on two days depending on the team name.
Team names this year will be “Swinging Spartys”, “High Rollers”, “Fairway Finders”, and “Pin Seekers”.
Mondays (Swinging Spartys & High Rollers)5:30-6:45 p.m. at Forest Akers East June 5th-July 24th (excluding July 3)
Tuesdays (Fairway Finders & Pin Seekers)5:30-6:45 p.m. at Forest Akers East June 6th-July 25th (excluding July 4)
Sundays (excluding July 2)