2018 PGA Junior League Team
- Boys and girls ages 13 and under - all skill levels
- Key youth initiative of PGA REACH, the charitable arm of the PGA of America
- Nurturing environment for learning and developing skills both on and off the course
- Recreational program that works with PGA sections and local youth organizations across the country
- Designed for fun, good health and sportsmanship, social and inclusive environment to learn the game of golf
Regular Season Matches
June 10-July 31
- Participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends versus individual competition.
- Each team is captained by a PGA Professional, who serves as the coach.
- Teams play four 9-hole matches in a popular two-person scramble format, reinforcing the team.
- Coaches substitute players every three holes, so that all the golfers on each team can participate.
- Serves as a feeder system to transition youth golfers to existing junior golf programs
Following Regular Season - the competition really heats up
In August, 10-player all-star teams are assembled with players from a combination of teams in the league, based upon the final standings. All-Star teams compete in sub-regional and regional competitions for a chance to earn a spot in the PGA Jr. League Championship.
Price: $249 ($75 PGA fee due upon registration online through PGA Portal and the remaining $174 payment is due to Forest Akers)
There is a two-step registration process.
Register through the PGA Portal. A new browser page will open to the PGA Portal.
You need the following information:
Program name: Spartan Golf Academy, zip code, miles requirement. Submit and register.
If you do not have a current login (past player), you will have to create one.
Pay the $75 PGA Jr League portion of the fee.
Register through the MSU Portal.
You will be redirected to a secure MSU site for registration and payment.
Your credit card statement will show a charge for MSU. You may also pay by ACH (checking account).
Pay the $174 portion of the payment for MSU.
You will receive an email confirmation of your payment along with information regarding the season. It could take up to 3-5 business days.
The $249 fee includes:
- 6 weekly matches and 8 practice sessions
- $30 range debit card at Forest Akers Driving Range
- One short game pass for short game area at Forest Akers
- Two Garb jerseys (home and away), available in both boy’s and girl’s sizes
- Bag Tag
- Performance Ball Cap
- Drawstring Bag
- Access to the PGA Jr. merchandise store
Practice Schedule: Mondays (excluding Memorial Day and July 1)
5:30-6:45 p.m. at Forest Akers East
May 20, June 3, 10, 17, 24, July 8, 15 and 22
Match Schedule: Sundays (excluding Memorial and Father's Day Weekend)
Shotgun start at 5:30 p.m. on Forest Akers East Golf Course
June 9, 23, 30, July 7, 14 and 21 (July 28 is reserved for weather-related make-up matches)
Registration closes May 15 or when teams are full.