Outing Menu Policies
Food and Beverage Policies
Thank you for choosing Forest Akers Golf Course for your outing. Please read the following policies carefully:
- A room rental fee of $300.00 may be applied to your final bill. If food purchases exceed the rental fee the fee will be waived.
- Forest Akers reserves the right to relocate any function to an alternate room or location within the complex.
- All food and beverages must be purchased through Forest Akers. No food prepared or served through Forest Akers will be permitted to leave the premises.
- Final menu selection is due two weeks in advance of the event. The final guarantee is required by 5:00 p.m. three business days in advance of the event. This is the minimum number of guests for which you will be billed. If a guarantee is not received by the agreed upon date, Forest Akers will consider your last estimated number of attendees as the guarantee. Positively no reductions in guarantee will be accepted less than three business days prior to the event.
- Forest Akers will be prepared to serve 5% over the guarantee number. If the guarantee is exceeded you will be billed for the served extra meals.
- The Forest Akers does not assume the responsibility for the damage to, or loss of, any personal property, merchandise or articles left prior to, during or following an event.
- A service charge of 20% and Michigan state sales tax are additional to all food and beverage purchases. If tax exempt, a sales tax exemption certificate must be presented prior to our event. Payment is due upon receipt.
- Wall decorations and signs may be posted with prior permission from Forest Akers. Fireworks, confetti, and glitter are not permitted. Liability for damages to the premises will be charged to the representative making the arrangements, based on actual repair or replacement costs.
- Forest Akers, The Henry Center and the University Club are smoke free facilities. Smoking is only permitted in designated outdoor areas.
- All Food and Beverage prices are subject to change per market fluctuation with notification.
Alcoholic beverages are allowed for events on the West Course only, under the license of the University Club.
All Michigan laws regarding the sale of alcohol will be strictly enforced. Guests may be asked to provide proper identification. The University Club reserves the right to refuse any sale or service of alcohol to any guest who may be in violation of Michigan state law. All alcohol will be served by a University Club employee. Bar service will stop at 12:30a.m., with room vacated by 1:00a.m.